ArborGen is a world leader in tree farming improvement and the commercial production of trees. They reached out to THS Constructors to help with the construction of their global headquarters near Summerville in Dorchester County.
Scope of Work:
- Construction of laboratories
- Extensive mechanical and electrical work
- 59,000-square-foot grow rooms
- Construction of production and administration spaces
- A portion of a 35,000-square-foot greenhouse
- Structural steel with load bearing precast/storefront exterior walls.
THS provided a full range of design and construction services for the expansion. The team worked with Blanchard & Calhoun Commercial and MeadWestvaco, the project’s developers, to make the project a success. Completed under budget and six weeks early on a nine-month schedule. The schedule acceleration combined with the value engineering THS offered yielded a 10 percent savings to the client.